A great after school exercise activity! Through the use of this activity you can greatly increase the enjoyment of your athletes/students as well as increase their;
- space awareness
- reaction time
- cardiovascular endurance
- 8 small or large cones
- 4 colored jerseys or bibs
- at least 8 to 12 kids
Your set up should look like this:
- After putting on the jerseys, the players in between the cones must tag anyone who tries to run through their set of cones. They may only move from side to side along the inside of their cones. They are not allowed to move forward or backward.
- If a player is tagged they must exit the Gauntlet from the sides and return back to the line of players in front of the first set of cones.
- Players that are running the Gauntlet must wait inline for their turn to run. Players that are running may only run with in the inside of the cones and must not be tagged. If tagged rotate to the back of the line for a new turn.
- To begin with send one player at a time through the Gauntlet, after a few minutes start to send in players two at a time.
Keep an eye on the players and try not to let them bunch up at any point in the Gauntlet.
Have Fun and Enjoy!
Here is a clip from our last game!