Show and Tell really is a great foundation to build on with public speaking. Young or old, speaking comes a lot easier when you are comfortable and know what your talking about.
This simple warm-up activity can really boost your student participation during a public speaking class.
Some of the advantages of having a show and tell include;
- learn to speak and listen
- learn how to be an audience and introduce themselves
- learn how to ask inquiry based questions
- learn to make connections between student responses
- anticipate and observe
- practice critical reasoning skills
- practice storytelling
- learn same and different
- use vocabulary- doll, computer, toy car, puppet
- use descriptive language
- say thank you
- increase confidence