Wow, It has been a while! About 2 weeks before Christmas break after school classes ended, and we just started up this week. All in all it was a great break, however I am glad to be back! So, with the new batch of Fitness Kids we had to get things started right!
Here is a great warm-up activity you might be able to use! It’s called the “Clip Chase”!
The whole idea behind the game is to get kids moving and ready to exercise! The rules are simple enough;
- Each participant gets 2 or 3 clothes clips (big ones that don’t pinch too hard)
- Box off a reasonable sized area with cones. This depends on how many people are playing. You don’t want to give too much space, but too little and you’ll be bumping into each other!
- Set a time of 45-60 seconds to connect as many clips on the rest of the players.
- Clips can be put on clothing, hair, shoes, etc..
*** Clips can not be put on any part of the skin***
- If needed make sure everyone knows to be careful not to hurt anyone.
Here is a video of today’s activity!
Show and Tell really is a great foundation to build on with public speaking. Young or old, speaking comes a lot easier when you are comfortable and know what your talking about.
This simple warm-up activity can really boost your student participation during a public speaking class.
Some of the advantages of having a show and tell include;
- learn to speak and listen
- learn how to be an audience and introduce themselves
- learn how to ask inquiry based questions
- learn to make connections between student responses
- anticipate and observe
- practice critical reasoning skills
- practice storytelling
- learn same and different
- use vocabulary- doll, computer, toy car, puppet
- use descriptive language
- say thank you
- increase confidence
Here is a quick video of “Show and Tell” in action =)
Have a Great Weekend!
Having just finished up our Crazy Talk videos, here are the final products! These kids are amazing! They wrote their own script, practiced speaking with partners, and record. It was great watching each child create something all of their own!
Great Job Grades 1 and 2!
Please click on the video to play!
Lots of pretty exciting stuff going on in my grade 3 class! If you would like to take a look and learn how to play the Simple Compound Game check out the link below!
Or you can check out the video here!
Have a Great Day!
Check out my new fun classroom game at:
Have a great day!
This week has been unbelievable! So many cool things have been going on and you can check it out on our new episode of W51TV! The video has been broken up into two parts.
Just click on the video below and enjoy!
Have a great weekend!
Weird, wacky and uh…. did I say weird? I guess you never know who could show up to a Creative Public Speaking class =) Over the last couple of weeks we have been writing scripts, practicing and recording our monologues. Some students created story lines with each other, some were straight faced and some… well, to use their words, lost their minds! Below are some of our creations! Enjoy!
Click on the video to play!